Get started – or restarted -- with newly improved Dental Connect
May 4, 2021
This article is for dentists and oral surgeons caring for our members
We've significantly improved our Dental Connect for Providers, our online portal for eligibility, benefit, and claims information. With this upgrade, Dental Connect will give you faster answers for questions about members’ specific benefits.
How to get started
All dental providers caring for Blue Cross of Massachusetts members – including those who participate in our National Dental Network – are eligible to use Dental Connect for Providers.
- Go to Dental Connect for Providers and click Register for Dental Connect.
- Enter partner code BCMA01DPS (this is an important step for registration; Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts sponsors monthly fees for this service for Blue Cross of Massachusetts members).
- Learn more about Dental Connect’s current features here: User Guide for Dental Connect for Providers.
All dental providers – including those who participate in our National Dental Network – can now get the information they need. Check benefits and eligibility at your convenience, any time of the day or night.
The enhanced version of Dental Connect for providers offers these exciting new features:
- Claims History. Check the last time a procedure was performed. For example, you can check when the member had their last cleaning and full mouth x-rays.
- Check Benefits. You can look up specific benefits by service type or by entering the specific CDT procedure codes. For example, you can look up the member’s benefit for periodontics by choosing “periodontics” from a pull-down menu or by entering in a periodontal procedure code, such as D4910.
- View benefit frequency limitations. Our benefit response has been enhanced to include frequency limitations that are part of a member’s benefit design when you enter a service by the specific CDT procedure code (For example, D2750 crown benefit is one time per 60 months).
- Deductible remaining. View member benefit dollars used and deductible remaining, if applicable.
Click here for a quick demo of these new features that will enhance your office’s efficiency and help you spend time doing what you do best – caring for your patients, our members!
Contact us for more help
For a more detailed demo and help getting started, please contact us by email at DentalNetworkRequest@bcbsma.com or call 1-800-882-1178, select option 4 followed by the option for your region:
South Shore / Cape Cod Region select 1.
North Shore / New Hampshire select 2
Boston / Metro West /Dental Schools select 3
Western MA use email above.
Out-of-state providers should call their local Blue Cross plan.