- We offer competitive, market-driven reimbursement; participating providers can review their fee schedule online 24/7.
A growing membership
- Close to 650,000 members have a Dental Blue plan and the numbers keep growing.
- Over 90% of Dental Blue members surveyed report being satisfied with their dentist and agree that he/she is a true partner in helping them maintain their overall health.
- Dental Blue serves members in Massachusetts, New England, and across the United States.
- BCBSMA has over 40 years’ experience offering dental benefits to members from a brand name they can trust
- Member retention remains consistent as we continue to grow.
Strong relationships with providers
- We maintain a valued relationship with our dental network. The Dental Blue Dental Network Management team provides personalized and invaluable service to our network of dentists and their staff through consultation, education, and robust communications and training programs.
- There are more than 6,000 Dental Blue access points regionally—97% of all Massachusetts dentists participate with Dental Blue—with over 103,000 access points nationally.
- Through our relationship with the Rhode Island Blue plan, our members have access to more than 500 Rhode Island dentists.
- Over the last 5 years, Dental Blue has experienced consistent growth each year in our dental networks. An average of more than 300 new dentists joined our growing Dental Blue network and an average of more than 180 new dentists joined our Dental Blue PPO network, bringing expertise in a range of specialties and practice sizes. As a result, more than 90% of members report being satisfied with their ability to find a local dentist easily.
- Unique contracting relationships with Massachusetts dental school clinics, hospital-based dental clinics, and community health centers give our members additional access to care.
- Nine out of 10 dentists would recommend participation in our plan.
A commitment to oral and overall health
Dental Blue is an industry leader in integrating both medical and dental disease management through our “Total Health Solution” program, which considers the member’s oral health as part of their overall health.
- Members with coronary artery disease, diabetes, oral cancer, and women who are pregnant can get additional benefits to enable them to receive the evidence-based dental care they need to support their overall health.
- Enhanced dental benefits include extra cleanings, periodontal maintenance, and pre-diagnostic screenings and fluoride treatment (for members with an oral cancer history)— paid at 100% and outside of the member’s annual maximum, reducing financial barriers to receiving care.
- Expertise in both medical and dental benefits administration allows us to identify members that may specifically benefit from dental care and added support to help keep them healthy.
- Access to a secure MyBlue member website, empowering members to be more involved in their medical and dental health care decisions.
- Rollover benefits. Members can rollover a certain dollar amount of their unused annual dental benefits to be used in a future year.